Under Section 4 of the State Owned Enterprises Act, the principal objective of the Company is ‘operate as a successful business’, and to this end, be:
- As profitable and efficient as comparable businesses that are not owned by the Crown.
- A good employer.
- An organization that exhibits a sense of social responsibility by having regard to the interests of the community in which it operates.
To meet these objectives, SP strives to be as profitable and efficient as comparable businesses by:
- Within the Electricity and State Owned Enterprises Acts, installing, operating and maintaining electricity supply systems that meet the needs of connected customers.
- Developing and implementing capital investment plans, to improve electricity system performance and increase the network coverage of agreed areas.
- Seeking to recover efficient costs of the service provision.
- Improving the efficiency of services, whilst improving asset reliability and availability.